Monthly Archives: April 2017

Blog 5 – Brad Hayes

When I first signed up for Comm. 465, I had limited knowledge of what the class entailed.  I had taken Comm. 360 the previous Spring semester and that generated my interest in the Broadcast Journalism field, whether that be in … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Blog 5 – Hillary Silverman

At the beginning of the semester, I had a feeling that I would be learning a lot from Comm 465. The only relevant experience I had that would be of help to me in this course were some basic editing … Continue reading

Blog 5 Kiarra Powell

Going into COMM 465 I had zero experience working with high-level equipment. I had little experience with editing video as I had only edited a couple of things just for fun in iMovie but nothing at the level that we … Continue reading

Curtis – Blog 5

This course was the first class I’ve had that focussed on news reporting, story telling, and camera usage since high school. Unlike many in our class, I was fortunate enough to have experience with videography and similar editing software in … Continue reading

Blog #5 – Taylor Rambo

At the beginning of this semester, I was a little nervous coming into Comm 465. I am only a sophomore and never had real experience with a video camera. However, throughout the course of this class, I gained a new … Continue reading

Blog 4 – Chen

Culture is the symbol of a nation, especially for people living abroad. As the third dominant language in Centre County area, Chinese becomes the bridge connecting the cultural heritage with Chinese international students and American Born Chinese. Chinese cultural night, … Continue reading

Blog 4 Backus

WPSU Promotes Communication on Gun Policy Within the timespan of two weeks, two shootings occurred in public areas in the state of California. A San Beradino school district was evacuated after a murder suicide. A week later three people were … Continue reading

Blog 4 – Brad Hayes

Reaction to New High-Rise Buildings in Downtown State College   For years, residents in State College, Pennsylvania have enjoyed the breathtaking backdrop that Mount Nittany and Tussey Mountain combine to create. However, in recent years, an uptick in construction of … Continue reading

Blog 5 Green

This class was my first real experience with video cameras. I entered this semester as green as you can be, and still am inexperienced. However, my skills have improved to the point where I am now comfortable with creating news … Continue reading

Wakai, Datillo, Toth Blog 4

A social event in a college town usually involves going to a bar or a place where alcohol is present. However, Webster’s Cafe offers an alternative in their basement on Tuesday nights. Tango Tuesday’s happens every Tuesday night from 7-8:30 … Continue reading