Pinterest: Where great ideas begin

Background:

Pinterest is an app that allows you to express your creativity in any way that you can imagine. You can make boards for things such as fashion, food, traveling, etc. The world is your oyster when it comes to this app. You can post or re-pin things to your boards that other people post. It’s a way to express your creativity or to come up with new ideas. Pinterest originally started in March 2010 by Ben Silbermann, Evan Sharp and Paul Sciarra. The headquarters are based in San Francisco, CA; however, there are offices in 9 other cities, and it consists of over 500 employees and over 30 different languages. Prior to creating Pinterest, Silbermann worked at Google on AdSense and he studied at Yale, Sharp was a product designer for FaceBook and he studied at the University of Chicago, and Sciarra left the company in 2012 to work on new projects with technology. Sciarra also studied at Yale. Pinterest’s mission is to, “help people discover the things they love, and inspire them to go do those things in their daily lives.” It can be an essential tool for connecting people through shared interests, and can also be used for businesses to communicate the company values and to broaden your reach to an audience. 

Analysis: 

I personally really enjoy Pinterest because it makes coming up with inspiration for things very easy. You can look through Instagram or FaceBook and see things that are inspirational, but those platforms aren’t necessarily meant for that. On Pinterest you can search for a specific thing that you’re looking for and have hundreds to thousands of ideas pop up to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. I think the most useful part about Pinterest is the ability to create different boards. I personally find it easier to navigate because everything can be organized into their own specific folders, so you don’t have to search through everything you’ve ever pinned to find one specific recipe or outfit, etc. Pinterest also offers the feature to send pins to people that you follow, which allows you to share inspirations with other people. 

Conclusion: 

Overall, I think this app is very useful and can help people in many ways. I think that it’s currently at a very good state, and it can only go up from where it is. 

https://about.pinterest.com/en/node/19/mailto%3Apress%40pinterest.com

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.