Charles Reinert- WSI 1

The Axel: I want my  how universities around the country are handling the return of full capacity stadiums for their athletic programs

The Riders: I believe the best people to tell this story would be students of universities, the families and friends of students, the average fan of college athletics, and the athletes themselves. Everyone has their own perspective on how universities are continuing on with a form of normalcy even though we are still in a pandemic and the delta variant and other variants of the coronavirus are still spreading. Lots of people have expressed concern with universities having full stadiums, especially now with the college football season in full swing. I believe that each of the examples of people I’ve listed would give a  unique view on the situation, and give multiple arguments for and against having full capacity stadiums.

The Spokes: This story would require a lot of b-roll and nat sound to give the viewer the idea of how crowded a lot of stadiums and facilities have been over the past couple of weeks. Sounds of crowds cheering, booing and chanting would catch the attention of the audience and keep it. But lots of shots of games, athletes and fans in stands would also give more context to the topic. But I think shots of empty stadiums would also be a great visual aid for the story idea.

The Rim: I would like to bring this story full circle by emphasizing the need for safety in sporting events, for both the athletes and the fans. While I think it is safe to an extent to attend these games, the coronavirus pandemic is not over, and people still need to be mindful of the pandemic. I’d like to end the story by emphasizing the need for responsibility that falls on both the universities and the fans.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.