Jacob Cheris WSI I

I want my weekly story idea to be about a potential mask mandate in Centre County.

Axle: I am from Montgomery County, Maryland and before I left to come to Penn State, they had issues an indoor mask mandate due to the rise in Coronavirus cases. Looking at the stats online, cases seem to be going down. However, they are not going down in Centre County. So I am curious as to why Centre County has not issued an indoor mask mandate.

Riders: I think that I would talk to store managers. In my opinion, stores such as Walmart and Target, are affected by this the most. Lots of people go into the stores unmasked and I would ask how they would feel about an indoor mask mandate. I would also talk to someone at the Mount Nittany Medical Center. Visitors have to wear masks. What I would like to do is speak with someone who works for the county, however, those people can be hard to reach.

Spokes: I will have B-roll outside and inside of Walmart and Target. I think I would also shoot outside of the Mount Nittany Medical Center because they still require masks.

Rim:

Beginning: The beginning will start out at Walmart because that is the main focus of the story. Lots of people go there unmasked, despite the rise in COVID-19 cases.

Middle: This is where I would include my soundbites and b-roll. It would include people walking into the store and the employees still being masked. Along with shots outside and inside of Mount Nittany Medical Center.

End: The end would focus on stats about hospitalizations and cases. I would also relate it back to my hometown. Ever since the indoor mask mandate was in place, cases have been going down.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.