Monthly Archives: October 2021

Casey Zanowic – Weekly Story Idea 8

The Axle: For my story idea this week, I would want to focus on how the Atherton Street gas line relocation is affecting Centre County citizens. Riders: To tell this story, I would want to interview local members of the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Eric Fenstermaker- Weekly Story Idea No. 8

Eric Fenstermaker- Weekly Story Idea No. 8 The Axel: I want to do a story on trick-or-treating this year. I am writing this idea on Friday because I would want the story to go out on Friday evening. I think … Continue reading

Lily Koenig WSI 8

The Axle: For this week’s story idea I wanted to discuss the new grocery store being built on North Atherton. There are about 20 grocery stores in the State College area and about half of those are chains. I want … Continue reading

Aziaun Scott – WSI 7

The Axel: My story idea for this week will discuss the widely celebrated “Halloweekend” and how the upcoming event may contribute to the rise of covid cases in state college. Recent cases over the past few weeks have brought Centre County’s … Continue reading

Alexandra Zolin- WSI 7

The Axel: For this week’s story idea, I would like to focus on how the Penn State Football teams’ performance has an effect on the local businesses in the State College area. There is a significant difference between whether the … Continue reading

Jordan Hession-WSI 7

The Axle: For this weekly story, I want to report on how local residents of Centre County are preparing their yards and houses for this years upcoming Halloween. With a more realistic Halloween this year i think it would be … Continue reading

Malia Brown – WSI 7

The Axle: For this week’s story idea, I want to focus on both the pros and cons of social media use within the world of college. Almost every college student uses social media in some type of way whether it’s … Continue reading

Jenna Huegel WSI – 7

The axle: I would write a story as an informational tell-all guide to the general election in Centre County. I want this story to bring awareness to local elections because they always receive less of a turnout compared to presidential … Continue reading

Gabe Angieri — Weekly Story Idea 7

The Axle: This week, I would want to do a story on how the change in weather is affecting Centre County golf courses, and also how they plan to go forward as it gets colder. The Riders: The best people to talk … Continue reading

Matt Rudisill – WSI 7

The Axle: I want to do a story on the ongoing labor shortage among businesses specifically in the downtown area and the local community. The story would be comparing the struggles now to those during the prime COVID times. I think … Continue reading