Julie Jastremski WSI 4

The Axel: For this week, I would like to report on a Penn State trio taking the world by storm. They are known as “the besties.” Ryan Manderbach started posting TikToks on his page daily showing his routine as a student. His besties, Evan and Nick, joined in his videos and became known for their iconic pose (side tongue in slow motion.) With over 132K followers and 9.2 million likes, the besties have become local celebrities in State College. Barstool Sports recently did a video on the trio. I would like to speak with them about the message they’re sending not only the Penn State community, but to college students everywhere.

The Riders: The best people to speak to would be the besties themselves, Ryan, Evan, and Nick. I would like to know why they started posting these TikToks and how they curate new ideas for their daily posts.

The Spokes: For this story, I would take shots around campus and downtown. I would like to get Ryan, Evan, and Nick downtown taking shots of them as they do their daily bestie activities. For natural sound, I would get the sound of students downtown and videos of TikToks on my “FYP.

The Rim:

Beginning: I would start with video footage of Ryan downtown or on campus. I would talk to him first about what made him start posting and the response he has gotten.

Middle: The middle would contain interviews with Evan and Nick. I would ask them about Ryan, how they met, and why they decided to join him on this journey. I would include shots of the three of them downtown or on campus.

End: I would close with the message the besties are sending to college students everywhere. Visuals would include Ryan, Evan, and Nick downtown together doing their signature pose.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.