Malia Brown – WSI 4

The Axle: For this week, I would like to report on the different motives as to why people join a sorority or fraternity. With rush soon to begin and continuous open bidding taking place at many colleges, I want the viewers to be able to hear the specific benefits of joining Greek Life in college.

The Riders: I think the best people to speak to would be college students in a sorority or fraternity. I would most certainly want to know why they decided to join one, if the benefits are what they expected, the biggest takeaway from being in one, and if there are ever times, they have regretted joining one. I also think it would be a good idea to interview the head people of the Panhellenic Council and the Interfraternity Council. They are the people in charge of all the sororities and fraternities, and I want to ask them why they joined a sorority or fraternity, why they still want to work with them, and in what ways do they promote the benefits to join these groups. In order to relate it back to Centre County, I would be interviewing these people of The Pennsylvania State University.

The Spokes: For this story, I would for sure include shots of the fraternities houses and sorority floors that still exist. I would want to get videos of not only the outside of the houses, but them inside socializing with one another and studying. I also would want to get shots of them together at the HUB, downtown and other social areas in their letters and showcase the positivity within their community. I also think shots of the floor in the HUB of the Panhellenic Council and the IFC would be good. I would conduct interviews with the present individuals and ask the questions mentioned before. For natural sound, I would want simple conversations, laughs and possibly a song of one of these organizations.

The Rim:

Beginning: To start, I would get footage of the houses, floors and the members involved in Greek Life together. I would also include close-ups of their letters and natural sound of their specific songs.

Middle: The middle would contain the chunk of the interviews with the sorority members, fraternity members, and members of the Panhellenic Council and IFC. In between, I would include shots of the Greek Life floor in the HUB.

End: I would close with an overview of the information and how they plan to promote rushing and joining Greek Life this year. Again, I would include shots of all members together with their letters on and representing them well. I would also include natural sounds of laughter.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.