WSI 6 — Joe Eckstein

The Axel: For my story idea this week, I would want to talk about Mount Nittany Medical Center having to reschedule surgeries due to an influx of COVID-19 cases.

The Riders: For the riders, I feel that the best people to talk to would be doctors alone. The reason why is that I don’t feel it is ethical to speak to the patients dealing with COVID. The only other group I would think about speaking to would be the patients who had to reschedule their surgeries if they feel comfortable talking about it. I think both parties would be able to offer some nice insight and give an emotional response to a very touchy subject.

The Spokes: For the spokes of this story, I feel that mixing nat sound and shots of the hospital would make for great content. Include VO of any background knowledge of the hospital’s COVID statistics.

The Rim:

Beginning: Start out with exterior shots of hospital and provide VO with statistics of Mount Nittany’s COVID numbers.

Middle: Segue into the interior of the hospital, begin interviews with doctors and nurses to see what their thoughts are on the change in the medical center.

End: Conclude with patient interviews for an emotional ending with shots of them in the hospital or in their home.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.