Alexandra Zolin- WSI 7

The Axel: For this week’s story idea, I would like to focus on how the Penn State Football teams’ performance has an effect on the local businesses in the State College area. There is a significant difference between whether the team wins or loses on the weekend traffic at the local bars and restaurants.

The Riders: I believe that the best people to tell this story are the students and alumni that go to State College, Pennsylvania during game days weekends. It would be important to see the reason why people come and travel so many miles during the weekends just to see the Penn State football team play at Beaver Stadium. Although it is always a gamble whether the team wins or loses, fans come from all over to spend money in order to Yahveh an enjoyable weekend in the college town.  I would also like to get the perspectives oof t eh local businesses owners, such as bars, restaurants, and hotels to see whether or not game day weekends affect the overall business. It would be crucial to see whether our not employees notice a difference between a winning game day versus a losing game day. 

The Spokes: I believe that it would be crucial to get footage of the tailgates outside of Beaver Stadium. I could interview the families at the tailgates to see what brought them to State College for that specific weekend. I would also like to see how they feel before and after the game and how their mood may have shifted. Then I would like to get clips of the traffic patterns in the downtown area. The traffic increases during the weekends of how,e games, so this is essential to show how many more propel are. in the town at the times. then, I would like to interview employees at the local bars, restaurants, and hotels to see how their businesses are affected before, during, and especially after the game. I also think that I can include shots around campus as well as how students (freshman- seniors) feel about their resection in Beaver Stadium, in order to get a different perspective entirely. 

Rim:

Beginning: I plan on beginning this story with shits of Beaver Stadium and the fans tailgating. I will then use shots of the traffic. downtown as well as the capacity of people at the local businesses.

Middle: In the middle section of my story, I will include the majority of my interviews starting with the people I will interview at tailgates outside of Beaver Stadium. I think that it is important to get the reasons behind traveling so far for a football game as well the local businesses they visited downtown. In order to get both sides of the story, I will also include the interviews I plan on conducting with the worker at the hotels, restaurants, and bars in its downtown area. I believe that these people will be the best at telling how their business increases or decrease depending on whether or hot the Penn State football team wins or loses. 

End: Finally, I would like to end this story with a students’ perceptive. I think that it would be beneficial to see a freshman’s students perfecter on the football team winning a game versus a seniors view. I would also like to know what they plan on doing based on this. I would also like to end on an uplifting note about the football team’s perceptive for the upcoming games. 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.