Aziaun Scott – WSI 7

The Axel: My story idea for this week will discuss the widely celebrated “Halloweekend” and how the upcoming event may contribute to the rise of covid cases in state college. Recent cases over the past few weeks have brought Centre County’s total case count to approximately 20,429.

The Riders: I believe that the best people to assist with telling this story are state college residents and Penn State partygoers. I would also like to interview residents and students who have contracted Covid and/or had family members who endured the virus. I can also contact UHS and Mount Nittany Medical Center staff to find out how many positive covid tests they’ve received last Halloween so that I can compare to this weekend’s results.

The Rims: For this story I would get footage of the masses of party goers in halloween costumes. I can also grab footage of people who are maskless in bars, as well as people walking in and out of University Health Services and Mount Nittany Medical Center. I can also grab footage of people entering and leaving the White Building where covid testing is held.

The Spokes: 

Beginning: I would start by discussing Halloweekend and the current rise of covid cases in the last week.

Middle: I will interview party goers and medical staff.

End: I will discuss covid results from Halloween 2020 and compare it to covid projections for this weekend.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.