WSI 8 – Charles Reinert

The Axel- This week, I’d like to talk about community safety after the armed person came through State College yesterday and the nineteenth Sexual Assault untimely warning came in last night. It’s important to discuss this, because it impacts every aspect of the State College community.

The Riders- A story like this requires lots of interview and perspective from local citizens and officials. I would want to talk to citizens and ask how they feel, and if they feel safe. I would also want to talk to local police officers and local politicians to see what they’re doing  to keep the community safe.

The Spokes- This story requires a lot of footage of the downtown area, as well as the bus stop where the robber was spotted. I’d want to get nat sound of people walking around both downtown and on campus. I’d want to tie the idea to gather that there is a real safety concern on campus, and I would want to share the idea that the community may not be prepared for a really bad emergency.

The Rim-

The Beginning- I would want to start the story with sharing the local stories of community unrest and concerns over community safety.

The Middle- This is where I would include the interviews and the idea of the lack of community peace of mind as of late. It’s important to see where people are coming from and for the ideas of community safety to be reinforced.

The End- I would want to end the story with talking about the need for more action against these recent events and with a message of vigilance. The community must come together and take action.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.