In which Josh talks about why he is so fond of taveling the world

As I mentioned in my previous passion post, I value first hand experiences over material goods. Think of it this way, if I have $10,000 in my bank account right now, I would much rather spend said money on airplane tickets than Ipad’s and laptops. There are some studies shown that money spent on traveling actually makes you happier than money spent on material wealth. You’ll grow old of your macbooks and designer clothing, but you’ll always be able to remember that one trip to a foreign country that showed you just how different the rest of the world is from your backyard.

In our age and time, the ease of traveling sometimes makes me wonder why aren’t more people spontaneously flying to new and wonderful places more often. I mean, air travel is the closest we’ll ever get to time travel, let’s truly take advantage of that. Traveling can have such profound effects on who you are, and they can potentially change the world. If Darwin never went to the Galapagos Islands, would he have come to the conclusion of evolution? Think of this post as a public service announcement for everyone to get off their butts and start planning their next trip.
There is a key point that I want to make sure people understand. Although seeing the world is visually appealing, my key factor for traveling is probably more to meet the people from different locations. The people make the place, traveling will be meaning less if your only there to enjoy the view. If I said that I was going to Hawaii and all I did there was to sit by the beach and look out over the view without finding out the culture of Hawaii, than what’s the difference between that and going to a random beach somewhere closer. To experience the cultures of places that you’ve never been to, that’s true traveling.

Here is a link to a video explaining several facts about why traveling is good for the body and the soul. (Don’t worry, the video is 2 min long, beautiful and comes with a great song.)
CLICK HERE

Next time, I will write about one of my personal accounts of a life changing trip to Honduras.

And also as a side note, I LOVE (love) food and cooking, so for each country I research, be sure to expect plenty of cool information about food.

6 responses to “In which Josh talks about why he is so fond of taveling the world