About Me

Hello! Welcome to my science education blog. My name is Cara Dore and I am currently a freshman at Penn State University. I plan to major in elementary education, perhaps with a minor in psychology. The town I consider my home is a suburb of Philadelphia, but I have moved around many times in my life. From another suburb of Philly, to Connecticut, to Lancaster, PA, to Germany, to Lancaster, PA, and finally to where I live now. I have an older and younger brother. My older brother is majoring in math at Princeton University and my little brother is a freshman in high school. Dance is a huge part of my life, and I have been dancing since I was 3 years old. The last two years I served as president of my school’s Dance Club. I pretty much created the club as it exists today, and it means a lot to me.California 2012 090 Lovely Rita 579

I want to be a teacher because I am passionate about helping children and adolescents discover their full potential and become confident members of society. I believe it is crucial that educators consider the social-emotional aspect of teaching just as important as the content students are learning. Right now, the track I am on leads me to certification in grades K-4. I recently decided to extend my education past the regular four-year duration and become certified in 4-8 as well. A solid education is fundamental for grades K-4, but it is in grades 4-8 where adolescents are so vulnerable. They need teachers who care about their well-being and mental health. I want to be a part of that.

I hope you enjoy my blog!