The Finale

This is it. The final 2 players. 2 true players that honestly could both be considered the greatest players of all time. Even though I have my own opinion on who is truly the greatest, this debate is one that is and will be the greatest sports debate ever. Obviously, I am talking about Micheal Jordan and LeBron James, but I would like to do a better job revealing who I think is the greatest NBA player of all time.

Let´s start off with Micheal Jordan. One of the first players to truly bring spotlight to the game of basketball because of how truly skilled he was at what he did. Micheal is a true athlete that did not only thrive in one professional sport, but two. Micheal took his athletic talent to the MLB during the middle of his NBA career. Although his time in the MLB was not as dominant as his career in the NBA, the sheer fact of being able to compete in two different professional sports is extremely rare and impressive. Solely with basketball, though, Jordan has arguably the greatest resumes of all time. One of Jordan’s greatest accolades is his championship experience. He went to the Finals six times. This may not seem like a lot, but in those six appearances in the Finals, he came away with 6 wins. Also, Jordan was a 5-time NBA MVP as well as a Defensive Player of the Year. Even though Jordan had a relatively short career, he still put up stats that match those of players who had 20 year careers.

Next, we have LeBron James, a literal icon in the eyes of children all over the place. Like Jordan, LeBron revolutionized the NBA and brought so much positive light to the organization. On top of being phenomenal player, LeBron has also expanded his role outside of the NBA by taking part in politics as well as being a huge philanthropist. LeBron is a 3-time NBA champion and brought the first  championship to the Cleveland Cavaliers with a less than sub-par team. That, in my opinion, is the craziest part of LeBron’s wild career. Also, LeBron is still putting up insane numbers in his 16th season and does not show any signs of slowing down. If LeBron were to continue his work rate, by the time that he retires, I can totally see him winning another MVP and at least 1 more championship.

Now I have done extensive research on both players and have studied how each played in their eras. I put a lot of variables into perspective when making the decision, mostly being the strength of players that are in the league in their time. I also am using my future projections on LeBron James to show how he is when he retires. So, my #1 player of all time, the GOAT of the NBA is……. LeBron James. Although Jordan is great, I believe that when things are all said and done that LeBron will be solidified as the GOAT.

1 Thought.

1. I enjoyed reading this and I agree that both have remarkable stats and could easily go down as the best players in history, which they have. I also agree with LeBron as well. The work that he has done not only in the NBA but in his community as well, especially with the school in Ohio.