My Guide to Disney Springs!

Photo Source

Welcome back everyone! In this post, it is time to explore something outside the parks that is just as engaging and fun: Disney Springs! Disney Springs is an outdoor shopping center, full of Disney-themed stores and stores with featured Disney items (only in Orlando!) alike. It is often overlooked and ignored by guests visiting Disney World, simply because it is not one of the parks, and exploring an outdoor shopping area isn’t always the most popular with families who need to entertain their small children.

After visiting Disney Springs myself, however, I will argue that it is one of the best activities for those who want a break from the parks, who are tired of waiting in lines all day, who want to spend less money than you would for a park ticket, who want to explore more of Orlando, who want to find a fun souvenir, and so much more! There is just so much to Disney Springs that makes it such a unique and engaging experience, and I plan to give an overview of all that it offers in this post!

Dining

There are a plethora of restaurants that adorn the strip of establishments throughout Disney Springs. Although I’ve only dined at a few, there are so many wonderful options for almost every type of cuisine.

According to Disney Food Blog, the top four table-service restaurants in Disney Springs are: Morimoto Asia, Raglan Road, The Boathouse, and Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’.

Morimoto Asia

This beautiful table-service restaurant features food across pan-Asian cultures (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean options), including fan favorites such as: dim-sum small plates, meat plates, noodle bowls, Japanese Wagyu Beef, and so much more! If you don’t want to sit down, you can also order food from the “Morimoto Asia Street Food” counter for even more options. The few cons of this restaurant, however, are that it is not for kids or picky people and it is expensive. I have never dined here myself, but it is definitely on my bucket list!

Raglan Road

This is the perfect place to go if you’re in search of an upbeat and authentic Irish pub experience. It features live Irish music and dancing (only on select dates), as well as a wide array of Irish food, such as fish and chips, bangers and mash, shepherd’s pie, bread pudding, and so much more! Even some of the furniture and decorations that adorn the inside of the restaurant are authentically Irish – imported from Ireland to the restaurant itself! Although the food is delicious, the only con is that it can get loud (so only go if you’re looking for that loud and lively atmosphere). I also have never dined at Raglan Road, however, I have been able to experience some of the live performances, and they were spectacular!

The Boathouse

This establishment is by far the go-to place for seafood in Disney Springs. Some of their many food options include: fish tacos, market fresh fish, Maine lobster tail, shrimp and andouille mac and cheese, and delicious key lime pie! The Boathouse also features amphicar water cruisers (cars that can also function as boats) which guests can take on a 20-minute guided tour of the lake (for an extra fee of course!).

I have been able to dine here a couple of times, and would definitely recommend it. Although expensive, the portions are large and delicious. I would recommend trying to eat outside on the patio area, since it is quieter than the inside seating and right on the lake (with an absolutely beautiful view).

Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’

This restaurant features Southern cuisine that is inspired by local Florida wildlife and agriculture. They serve lunch and dinner all week long, and add on a delicious Southern brunch on the weekends! Some of the fan-favorite dishes featured here are: Chef Art’s famous fried chicken, thigh-high chicken biscuits, cuban sandwich, and hummingbird cake!

I was able to dine here for brunch a few years back, and it was absolutely delicious. Apart from what we ordered, we were given complementary grits and hummingbird cake (both were delicious!). The only cons are that some of the food can be expensive, so be careful what you order, and it is hard to find a reservation, so make sure to plan early. Despite those cons, however, you will never leave Homecomin’ hungry or unsatisfied!

Photo Source

If you’re not in the mood to sit down for a long meal at Disney Springs, there are wonderful counter-service options to choose from as well! Some of the fan favorite restaurants are: The Polite Pig, Earl of Sandwich, Chicken Guy, and D-Luxe Burger. Click on those links to check out their menus and learn more about each location!

Shopping

Almost everything in that is not dining in Disney Springs is shopping, and there are so many options to choose from! Guests can chose to shop at Disney-affiliated stores such as: The Art of Disney, DisneyStyle, The Marketplace Co-op (featuring a Disney tech accessories store, a Disney pet store, a Disney houseware store, and multiple Disney apparel stores- all in one building!), Star Wars Trading Post, and Super Hero Headquarters (Marvel-inspired store).

Some of the featured non-Disney-affiliated stores are: Anthropologie, Coach, Fabletics, Free People, Kate Spade, Levi’s, Lilly Pulitzer, lululemon, M&Ms store, Sephora, Tommy Bahama, Zara, and Vera Bradley- all with their own featured Disney items, of course!

If you’re looking to get delicious Disney candy, sweets and treats outside of the parks, be sure to check out Disney’s Candy Cauldron, and Goofy’s Candy Company!

Photo Source

Must-do Activities

Apart from the beloved dining and shopping experiences scattered throughout Disney Springs, there are definitely a couple must-do activities and shops to visit!

Gideon’s Bakehouse

Gideon’s Bakehouse is a coveted, gothic-themed bakeshop located in the heart of Disney Springs. There are often long lines to get in, which are moderated through an online-line system, meaning that some people wait many hours to taste their precious cookies! My sister and I once waited in the mobile line for about 2-3 hours, and went to grab dinner while we waited for our turn. My best recommendation is to go early- in the middle of the day and during the week- for the shortest waits. The last time I went, I did just that and probably only waited 10 or so minutes to get inside.

The cookies at Gideon’s are 1/2 a pound, and are absolutely delicious! They are fun to try at least once, and if not the cookies, then try the cake or cold brew (I love the cold brew). Although a bit expensive (cookies are $6 each), it is worth to try it at least once!

Photo Source

World of Disney

World of Disney is the premiere stop for Disney merchandise in Disney Springs. It is probably the largest store in the area, complete with a plethora of different sections dedicated to different themed merchandise. Although it can become overcrowded and overwhelming at times, it is the best place to go if you want to see all of the current Disney merchandise in one spot (give or take a few items that are only sold in the parks).

Amorette’s Patisserie

Amorette’s is a wonderful and small bakeshop located directly next to World of Disney. They sell a limited number of French baked goods, ranging from eclairs, to creme brûlée, and so much more! Although delicious, the pastries sold here are on the expensive side, so whenever I visit my family usually only buys a few to snack on throughout our vacation. On the plus side, the treats are almost all Disney-themed (like the Mickey mousse!), and they even feature specialized Disney cakes for releases of new movies and TV shows! You can even order cakes from here to be delivered to your hotel room for a birthday (or other celebratory) surprise.

Photo Source

Although there are so many things to do at Disney Springs, this is a list of all the most coveted and beloved activities, shops, and dining locations. I always encourage Disney World guests to visit Disney Springs, even if it is just for an hour or two, just so they can explore what it has to offer and experience the ambiance and live entertainment! Thanks for sticking around, and see you all next time 🙂

4 thoughts on “My Guide to Disney Springs!

1. I LOVE DISNEY SPRINGS! It is the cutest little place to go for a few hours in between parks. I always love the snacks, especially the little Mickey Mouse cakes. It is just a fun, chill place to relax and enjoy lunch.

2. I have not been to Disney Springs yet, but it seems so cool. I KNOW I would enjoy this, because I love shopping. The food looks so good as well. The little pastries at Amorette’s Patisserie look so pretty (and delicious!). Even the cookies that are 1/2 pound are cool! I think Disney Springs is something I need to experience once, as the ambiance seems so nice! Great post!

3. Last year, my senior class got to travel to Disney World and Disney Springs! I loved Disney Springs so so much! I was bummed that I only got to stay for a bit, but I was so happy that I even got to go at all given that it wasn’t on the original trip agenda. I definitely want to go to Amorette’s Patisserie, especially since French desserts are my absolute favorite! I also saw on Instagram that you can decorate your own cake, and that is just a must-do experience in my book. I also am dying to try Gideon’s cookies now! I love cookies and gothic vibes, so I think that bakery would be the perfect place for me! Something I really like about Disney Springs is the LEGO displays! I really hope to go back one day to see the LEGO displays and try these places!

4. I absolutely love Disney, although I’ve been to the park in Florida only twice. I’ve never heard of Disney springs, though this post intrigued me a lot! The cookies look absolutely delicious, and I will be sure to check this out the next time I visit Orlando. I actually love that the shopping area has non-Disney stores as well, that makes the shopping experience even more enjoyable for both kids and adults. Thank you for sharing, this is a really good guide for someone visiting Disney Springs for the first time!