How to Slay Epcot’s World Showcase (Part 2)

Photo Source

Welcome back readers to part two of “How to Slay Epcot’s World Showcase!” In today’s post, we will be covering the second half of the countries around the lake! By the end of this article, I hope that you will be well equipped with all the tools you need to make your time at Epcot worthwhile, and enjoy what the World Showcase has to offer!

Map of the World Showcase

Photo Source

During part one of this post, we traveled through the countries of Mexico, all the way through the American Adventure to discuss the best food, rides, picture spots, entertainment, and shoppings spots. Today, we’ll pick up right where we left off: the Japan Pavilion!

Japan

The Japan Pavilion in Epcot certainly offers some of the most breathtaking scenery (including plants, gardens, and architecture alike), food options, and merchandise stores! Although there are no official rides or attractions in this Pavilion, it makes up for it easily with places to eat, drink, and shop. The first option for food is the Kabuki Café food kiosk, offering Japanese snacks such as edamame, kakigōri, and Japanese shaved ice. The quick-service restaurant, Katsura Grill, serves everything you could dream of: sushi, ramen, teriyaki chicken, Japanese style curry, and so much more!

The different table service restaurants here are top-tier. Firstly, there is Teppan Edo, a traditional Japanese steakhouse that offers plenty of options and fun entertainment provided by hibachi chefs. Secondly, Tokyo Dining offers an impressive sushi selection and views of the Epoct’s World Showcase Lagoon. Lastly, and certainly not least, there is Takumi-Tei, which is arguably the best restaurant in Epcot and one of the nicest on Disney World property. This restaurant hosts a peaceful setting, a multi-course menu, and elevated dishes that make this dining experience unlike any other.

In terms of shopping, the Japan Pavilion hosts one large shop: the Mitsukoshi Department Store, which contains a wide array of items, from Pokemon plushies and anime-themed socks to authentic kimonos and Japanese food and sweets.

Personally, I have never dined at the restaurants in the Japan pavilion, but the Mitsukoshi store is always a must-do when visiting the park, simply due to how wide the selection is! Even though I don’t usually buy much, it is so fun to browse all of the Japanese items.

Photo Source

Morocco

The Morocco Pavilion is under the guidance of the Morocco Tourism Board and the Moroccan Embassy, and was designed and built by some of the Kind of Morocco’s own artisans, making it the most immersive and authentic of the pavilions. Although there aren’t any rides or entertainment options, the architecture and artwork that are embedded into the Pavilion are absolutely breathtaking – making wandering through the Pavilion and taking time to admire the different shops, restaurants, and scenery the best way to truly enjoy it.

The snack stand, Oasis Sweets and Sips, is the perfect place to snag a quick beverage or Moroccan dessert. Spice Road Table is a waterfront lounge with Mediterranean-inspired small plates, a sizable drink menu, and beautiful views of Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon and the Epcot fireworks shows. The quick-service Tangierine Café serves fresh Mediterranean dishes like shawarma and tabouleh. Finally, Restaurant Marrakesh, hidden in the back of the pavilion, hosts not just beautiful setting, but also a delicious and authentically Moroccan meal.

Since the pavilion is designed to resemble a Moroccan marketplace, the shopping options are spread throughout, and seem to blend together. Throughout the pavilion you can find stores selling woven baskets, sheepskin wallets, beautiful Moroccan housewares, stacks of carpets, lamps, fez hats, colorful ceramics, and jewelry.

Although my time in the Moroccan Pavilion has been limited, I have enjoyed so much of their food from the quick-service locations, and have to say that it is definitely a must-try, especially as someone who lives in an area without much Mediterranean cuisine!

Photo Source

France

The France Pavilion is probably one of the most popular World Showcase Pavilions at the moment, since it boasts delicious food options, plenty of shopping spots, and the new ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. It was designed to resemble a picturesque Parisienne neighborhood with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Some of the most fun attractions here are the Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along and the 4D attraction Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (taking guests through Gusteau’s restaurant with a mouse-eye-view).

Apart from attractions, France also offers many dining options. Les Vins des Chefs de France sells an assortment of wine for guests to enjoy, and La Crêperie de Paris serves light and flaky crêpes stuffed with tasty fillings. Chefs de France is one of the table service restaurants, which serves French classics such as Ratatouille and Boeuf Bourguignon. Monsieur Paul serves exceptional French cuisine with a modern twist, and there’s even a dress code! For those craving ice cream, check out L’Artisan des Glaces, and for those who are looking for an authentic French grab and go lunch (and some delicious French pastries and breads), try Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie. For shopping, France offers Les Vins de France for wine by the glass and bottle, Plume et Palette for fragrance and fashion, high-end cosmetics at La Signature, and signature Paris and Disney souvenirs at Souvenirs de France.

When I visit the France pavilion, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is always a must-do; however, the line gets long quickly, so I recommend going either early in the morning or later at night. I also highly recommend trying a crêpe, anything from Les Halles, and some ice cream on a hot day! Based on my experience, you can never go wrong with any of the food from the France Pavilion.

Photo Source

United Kingdom

The United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot hosts charming English gardens, a pastoral cottage, and even traditional phone booths! It is designed to resemble a quaint village, making it adorable and fun to visit. Although the United Kingdom pavilion does not have any rides, there are opportunities to meet characters such as Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, and Winnie the Pooh! The fun food options include: Yorkshire County Fish Shop (a quick-service kiosk that offers tasty Fish and Chips) and the Rose and Crown Dining Room (a table service location that serves British pub-fare and is an excellent location to watch the Epcot fireworks).

In terms of shopping, there are many great options, making exploring this pavilion an absolute must-do! The Tea Caddy offers everything you need to make a delicious cup of tea, The Queen’s Table sells beautiful table settings and other kitchen-ware, and Lords and Ladies hosts a plethora of perfumes and handmade soaps. Lastly, The Toy Soldier sells everything pop-culture in England, from the Beatles to Doctor Who!

Although I have not tried any of the food options in the UK pavilion, I always love to check out the stores. There are so many adorable Winnie the Pooh merchandise options, and I usually always leave the pavilion with something new!

Photo Source

Canada

Last, but certainly not least, is the Canada Pavilion! Although Canada does not have any rides or attractions, the Pavilion itself is gorgeous and certainly worth exploring. At the back of the Pavilion is a wondrous waterfall, as well as beautiful buildings, a river, bridges, and gardens. Canada does not have a lot of food options, but the ones they have are absolutely delicious! The Popcorn Cart serves Maple Popcorn, a fan favorite for Epcot guests, and Le Cellier Steakhouse serves authentic Canadian cuisine such as Cheddar Cheese Soup and buttery Filet Mignon.

Canada only has two shops: Northwest Mercantile and the Trading Post. Northwest Mercantile has NHL apparel, lumberjack shirts, and all things Canada and maple syrup, while the Trading Posts sells hand-carved wooden gifts (and even more maple syrup!).

Whenever I visit the Canada pavilion, I always explore the back part that is hidden if you are just walking by, since, in my opinion, that is the most beautiful part! I love to walk past the waterfall and feel the cool spray as I walk on the bridge over the clear river. During the Epcot festivals, the Canada Pavilion is my favorite place to grab something to eat, specifically the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, which in my opinion, is a must-try!

Photo Source 

And that’s a wrap! Thanks for journeying with me as to explore the entire Epcot World Showcase, from the Mexico Pavilion all the way to the Canada Pavilion! I hope you were able to learn something fun about the Epcot World Showcase, and that next time you are in Epcot, you get to try the best food, entertainment, and shopping options from every pavilion!

2 thoughts on “How to Slay Epcot’s World Showcase (Part 2)

1. As I said before, the Epcot World Showcase is one of my favorite parts of Disney World. The countries that you went over this week have some of my favorite foods and attractions, like Canada and Japan. My boyfriend and I are going to Universal Studios this summer, but we are spending a day park hopping between Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I will definitely be taking notes from your blog for our trip!

2. This is so well-written. Like I said about part 1, this piece is so interesting and informative. Each country seems so cool, with its own attractions and foods. The pictures are also so beautiful. I have never been there, but this makes me want to go so badly! Great post. Again, it is wonderfully written and it is so important for Disney-goers to read through before planning their next trip.