Passion Blog Pitch

When reviewing ideas for a passion blog, two of my interests came to mind: global culture and architecture. I am extremely passionate about experiencing and learning about other cultures because I love to discover new people, places, languages, foods, traditions, and so many more fascinating phenomena that happen around the world. The idea of culture fascinates me, from the more sociological aspects to the very real emotional aspects. I always find myself watching travel videos, imagining myself travelling to the places that flash across my phone or television. From my first French class till my last German class and beyond, I am always intrigued by the mysteries and challenges of learning languages and diving into cultures that my ancestry stems from.

I do, however, wish to dive into my career field as an aspiring architect. Seeing blossoming Corinthian columns or geometric arches spewing out of modern mansions and ancient Egyptian temples help me analyze the form and function of past, present, and future architectural masterpieces. Getting the chance to further dive into a different architectural piece around every week would not only grow my interest for the field, but also expand my visions and style when designing in the future.

When it comes down to what I want to spend my time doing, following through with global cultures makes the most sense for me, as I will find myself enjoying it more, and I will not get burnt out as easily.

4 thoughts on “Passion Blog Pitch

1. I think a passion blog on global culture sounds so interesting! I also enjoy learning about traditions in other countries. I hope to travel when I’m older, so learning about different cultures is very intriguing to me. I look forward to reading your blog!

2. These are really interesting topics, and I think learning about various cultures pairs well with architecture. For your blog, it would be really cool to see historical landmarks and how they were built to align with the cultures from which they stem. I would love to learn more about this type of stuff.

3. Both topics are such fascinating subjects!!! I also really enjoy learning about other cultures. I think it is so interesting seeing how other people live and how their customs differ from mine. When I’m older I plan on traveling the world and living somewhere in Europe or Asia and I think talking about different cultures would make an excellent blog! I can’t wait to see what else you write about!!!

4. Both of these topics were amazing to hear about. I especially liked the one about culture. I think the greatest power we can have in life is education, and I think educating oneself on different cultures is very important too. You should definitely do a study abroad program here. My sister did one through PSU and went to France.