Core Values

Values. According to the University of Texas at Austin, “Values are individual beliefs that motivate people to act one way or another. They serve as a guide for human behavior.”

I believe it is is important to surround yourself who possess similar values to you. For example, I would describe myself as a very positive and loyal person and want to be friends with similar people.

Last semester, I had to take an Enneagram test in my professional development class. This test helps to understand your core motivations and applies that knowledge to all aspects of life, including leadership, conflict resolution, and so on.

I found the results to be extremely accurate to my personality. I ranked extremely high as “The Helper”, “The Loyalist”, and “The Enthusiast”. The enneagram types came with long, detailed descriptions of what that type means and how those people deal with various situations, such as being under stress. Taking the Enneagram test can help you find the values that are most important to you.

Company Values : Definition, Importance and Examples

Knowing your values is important as they shape the person you are and the way you live. Once you understand your values, you can be confident about the decisions you make and use them to set goals.

What are your values?