GE is getting back to its roots

GE is getting back to its roots

GE announced today that they are selling off GE Capital. I like the idea of focusing on core competencies like industrial manufacturing and simplifying management. This is probably going to save the folks at the top of GE a lot of headaches in the long run and I’m really excited to see where it takes them. Hopefully it concentrates them on the natural gas supply chain so any findings through research by CCRINGSS will be implemented swiftly.

What was pretty surprising to me is that they are returning $90 Billion (yes, that’s a b) to shareholders over the next few years. Well played Immelt; well played indeed. Hey Apple – why don’t you do something with the cash you’re sitting on? I personally like the idea of them buying Disney but they have some other options. Visa or Mastercard is probably the best bet there if they really want to double down on Apple Pay. Or, as the article states at the very end, just “give all 320 million Americans $556 each.” I take it back, don’t buy Disney – just send me a check and we’ll call it even.