TTP (Trust the Process)

TRUST THE PROCESS!

Sixers basketball is officially buzzing again. The Sixers are finding ways to finish games which has been the difference in their recent success. The team is coming off of the best stretch they’ve had so far in the season and the past seasons being 5-1 in the last six games. Somethings I have noticed are, more consistent bench play, better ball movement, and confidence. The team is ranked tenth with assists per game. The Sixers bench is ranked third in points during the month of January. When I watch the team the body language is positive. The team just seems to be gelling at the right time. I think getting low seed in the playoffs could be a goal for this team moving forward. Right now the Sixers are 13th in the standings and 6 games back from the 8th seed. The eastern conference is wide open for any team to make a push though.

However, the star player and main attraction every game has been Joel Embiid. I was expecting Joel Embiid to have a positive impact but not this big. Right now he is the front runner for winning the rookie of the year award. He is not only the best rookie in the league but one of the best players. I think has defiantly been the best center in the east, but opinions don’t matter unless you back them up with facts. Joel Embiid is averaging 19.7 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2.4 blocks. He is averaging a great stat line only playing around 25 minutes a game as well. NBA fans also think Embiid is deserving of all the attention with him being fourth in the all star voting for this year’s game. He has surely solidified his position as an all star.

The next big step the Sixers will take this season is the debut of their number one draft pick last season Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons fractured his foot during the last day of preseason in late summer. The Sixers and Ben Simmons have teased the fans with pictures and videos with him training with the team. Just recently, he began traveling with the team as well. This is a substantial step in his rehabilitation process. Sixers Head Coach Brent Brown stated in October that we may expect a January return, but he later recanted his statements. Philadelphia fans are anticipating Ben Simmons’ once in a generation type talent. Ben Simmons will elevate this team immediately. A 6’10 point guard can see over any guard defending him. Ben Simmons has a developed post game which he will be able to utilize with his size as well. Ben Simmons will be able to pass, score, and of that isn’t enough he will be able to rebound too. With all this being said no one is sure when Ben Simmons will be able to play. We have to just remain patience and do what we’ve been doing Trusting The Process.

One thought on “TTP (Trust the Process)”

1. My little brother is a massive sixers fan, but I, personally, am a Toronto Raptors fan. I love the way that Joel Embiid has exploded onto the scene this year, but it is a little scary that he may be leading the Sixers into a new era. As a Raptors fan, I like the fact that the East is a wide open conference and how we can typically expect to be the second seed without much contest. I really enjoyed this article and cant wait to follow up on it.