Pumped Up Kicks

As we all know there are many types of dancing and to me, they all depend pretty much on the music. Dubstep is a genre of EDM, electronic dance music, that focuses on sounds related to drum and bass and sometimes vocals with really intense drops.

The first time you hear it, its kind of strange and may be rough to even understand the pattern of the music, but after you see someone dancing to it, everything makes complete sense.

So, take a look at this guy dancing to “Pumped Up Kicks”

The whole time it looks like he is floating! and how every step he takes follows the rhythm and all of the sounds involved in the song is amazing! Check it out.

This entry was posted in Beauty through your tiptoes. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Pumped Up Kicks

1. James Katze says:

I love this song! and I’ve always thought dubstep dancing looks extremely violent and boxy, but this dance was much more fluid. I didn’t realize that such a dance could be pared with dubstep.

2. Alexandra Patricia Sotiropoulos says:

I thought this was a very new and more modern style of dancing. I always see this type of dance online and even sometimes on dancing competitions on TV. I actually looked up the name to this style of dance and I found out that it is called ‘whomping’ or ‘dub stepping’. I think it is so cool that dance styles can almost be created as fast as a style of music. Have you ever tried whomping?