Meet The Studio

Penn State Clarinet Studio and
Clarinet Choir Members:

Penn State Clarinet Club Officers:
Chandler Cleric—President
Audrey Hoffman—Treasurer
Sam Elliot—Secretary
Isaac Burton-Perez—Webmaster

Grace Patterson (Class of 2024)
Newville, PA
Bachelor of Arts in Music, Integrated Undergraduate
Ensembles: Philharmonic Orchestra, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Clarinet Choir
Favorite thing about Penn State? Hort Woods and related scenery in the Fall
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Interview with Pat Methney in 2022 or ClarinetFest in 2019
Other interests that you have? Running, yoga, and climbing

Anven Hawpe (Class of 2026)
Oklahoma City, OK
Music Education
Ensembles: Symphonic Band, Clarinet Choir
Favorite thing about Penn State? Probably the Berkey Cremery
What clubs or activities are you a part of? I am part of the allyhouse and I also work part time at sheetz
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? My favorite musical experience was when I was in the Oklahoma Youth Orchestra and we played at Catlett Hall
Other interests that you have? Other interests that I have are in robotics, plants, and fashion

Heather Wayland (Class of 2026)
Philipsburg, PA
Mechanical Engineering
Ensembles: POTL Pep Band, Symphonic Band, Clarinet Choir Favorite thing about Penn State? The number of opportunities available to me through both the clarinet studio and college of engineering, as well as the welcoming atmosphere
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Clarinet Club, American Society of Mechanical Engineering, Society for Women Engineers, Young Life
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Participating in various music festivals throughout high school and playing in the pit orchestra or musicals
Other interests that you have? Cooking, Kayaking, painting, and crocheting

Raela Zuiker (Class of 2026)
Bellwood, PA
Music Education
Ensembles: Symphonic Band, Clarinet Choir, POTL Pep Band
Favorite thing about Penn State? They foster an extremely inclusive and diverse community
What clubs or activities are you a part of? POTL Pep Band
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Getting first chair at IUP’s Band Summit
Other interests that you have? Creative writing, singing

Sam Elliot (Class of 2025)
Carlisle, PA
Music Education
Ensembles: Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Vocal Dimensions, Clarinet Choir, Blue Band, Oriana Singers
Favorite thing about Penn State? The sense of community. The School of Music is full of my greatest, most supportive friends, but I also really enjoy the feeling of being a part of such a spirited university
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Women in Music, Encore Benefitting THON, NAfMEC, PMEA, Clarinet Club, No Refund Theatre, and The Penn State Thespian Society
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Recording Hardscrabble by Steven Rice with the Symphonic Wind Ensemble was such an amazing challenge!
Other interests that you have? I love theatre, thrifting, reading, and biking!

Michael Dews (Class of 2025)
Clark, NJ
Music Education
Ensembles: Blue Band, Symphonic Band, Philharmonic Orchestra, Clarinet Choir Favorite thing about Penn State? The accessibility to classes, working opportunities, fun events, and likeminded people
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Blue White Society, Ski Club, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, NAfMEC
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Learning about other clarinet music that was not composed from 1750-1850 really opened my eyes to how broad the musical landscape is!

Becca Reeder (Graduate Student)
Danville, PA
MM Performance
Ensembles: Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Chamber Orchestra, Philharmonic Orchestra, Clarinet Choir, Graduate Woodwind Quintet Favorite thing about Penn State? The Arboretum
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Clarinet Club What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Playing Rachmaninoff Symphony No. 2
Other interests that you have? Crafting, hiking, camping, and really anything related to nature!

Aiden Cotter (Class of 2026)
Virginia Beach, VA
Aerospace Engineering
Ensembles: Blue Band, Clarinet Choir
Favorite thing about Penn State? I love the supportive nature of every activity I’ve been a part of on campus. Everyone is rooting for you to do as well as you possibly can, even if it isn’t in their best interest
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Currently I am not in any activities outside of my ensembles but next semester I plan on taking part in more engineering and stem related activities
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? The most moving musical experience I have ever been a part of was playing Only Light by Aaron Perrine with the VMEA All State Concert Band
Other interests that you have? I have a fascination with roller coasters and roller coaster stats. On the music side of things I quite enjoy arranging and improvisation. One of my more recent interests has been in ancient and medieval European history, which I would like to minor in if I can

Caitlin Goldberg (Class of 2026)
Churchville, MD
Music Education
Ensembles: Symphonic Band, Clarinet Choir, Blue Band
Favorite thing about Penn State? My favorite thing about Penn State is how supportive everyone is
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Blue Band
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? My favorite teaching experience was being the drum major of the marching band my senior year of high school
Other interests that you have? I enjoy hiking and climbing

Tessa Vendetti (5th year)
Honesdale, PA
Music Education
Ensembles: Symphonic Band, Oriana Singers, Clarinet Choir
Favorite thing about Penn State? The large and diverse community
What clubs or activities are you a part of? NAfME, PMEA, Nittany Band Association, Encore Benefitting THON, Clarinet Club
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Performing O Magnum Mysterium with the Symphonic Band
Other interests that you have? Cooking and reading

Isaac Burton-Perez (Class of 2023)
Pittsburgh, PA
Music Education
Favorite thing about Penn State? The Professors & Students I’ve met so far
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Clarinet Club
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Being in any band with Dr. Glocke as the director/conductor
Other interests that you have? Customizing shoes, writing, and listening to different types of music

Gregory Glatzer (Class of 2023)
Yardley, PA
Data Science and Music Minor
Ensembles: Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Clarinet Choir
Favorite thing about Penn State? The variety of things always happening on campus!
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Nittany Data Labs (NDL), Clarinet Club
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Playing with James Morrison
Other interests that you have? Programming

Audrey Hoffman (Class of 2023)
Davidsville, PA
Music Education
Favorite thing about Penn State? The amazing faculty and facilities
What clubs or activities are you a part of? Blue Band, Encore Benefitting THON, NAfME, Clarinet Club
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? The first time I performed with the Blue Band at a football game
Other interests that you have? I enjoy watching superhero movies, drinking coffee, and binging The Office

Chandler Cleric (Class of 2024)
Pittsburgh, PA
Music Performance
Ensembles: Symphonic Band
Favorite thing about Penn State? The amazing students and faculty that have influenced me to choose Penn State
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience?  Having the opportunity to play for Julian Bliss
Other interests that you have? I enjoy camping, cooking, and tabletop games

Lydia Wolf (Class of 2024)
Boalsburg, PA
Bachelor of Arts in Music
Ensembles: Symphonic Band
Favorite thing about Penn State? The amount of opportunities available to me
What is your favorite teaching moment or musical experience? Seeing Yo-Yo Ma play live at Eisenhower Auditorium
Other interests that you have? Reading and photography

Xander Popko (Class of 2025)