RCL BLOG 1

When I think about Penn State I think about a couple of different things, the people, the parting, and arguably most importantly football. Penn State is partially centered around football, the chants, the stadium, everything. This is not to say if football isn’t your thing then PSU isn’t for you, but it is an integral part of my and many others Penn state life.

Beaver Stadium, the 2nd biggest outdoor stadium in the country, is the first thing you see when coming off of the highway once you get to Penn State. The stadium, with its huge jumbotron, that always seems to be on (blasting the Nittany lion logo) reminds you where you are, you know if you aren’t already in the loop. Beaver stadium casts a shadow over all of Penn State, it doesn’t matter if you love or hate or don’t care about football, it will all ways be there.

Posters for the football team hang in almost every commonly shared space. The flags for all of the big 10 schools go back and forth across the hub celling. The athletics store is larger than some stores back in NYC! Football is everywhere on this campus and at this school, even in other countries and other states all around the world you can find someone where Penn State

Penn State is by no means only a football school, but there is no denying the impact it has on everyone at the campus. Beaver Stadium, the flags in the hub, the athletics store, all send the message that PSU is a community, a family. Everything is unified and we all stand together.

“WE ARE, PENN STATE” comes from a story of unity. That’s the main thing I love about this school, my high school was small (a graduating class of 115). We had no sense of community or pride. Coming to school like Penn State was an eye-opening experience.