The Staff Advisory Council is up and running!
The College of Education created a Staff Advisory Council (SAC) that is proudly in its first year of operation. The council is made up of 9 representatives from departments within the College of Education serving a two-year term. An executive team is then elected from these members and will serve a term of three years. The council began its work in July 2019 and has been working hard these first few months to ensure that the Mission, Vision, and Values set forth are being utilized to move the Council forward. Here are some of the highlights of what the council is working on:
- Executive Team Elections were held in August 2019.
- Subcommittees were formed for Awards, Events, and Conference Planning.
- Created a College of Education Staff listserv.
- Benchmarking and Finding Report completed in September and presented at October 2019 SAC meeting.
- Staff Climate Survey was created and will be distributed in October 2019.
- Created the Staff Advisory Council Website.
- Professional Development and community events planning has begun and initial confirmed and pending events are available on the website.
- Drafting of the Council’s 2019-24 Strategic Plan has begun.
Currently, the SAC has distributed the 2019 Staff Climate Survey to help narrow the focus for the SAC strategic plan and to aide with expressing any concerns of the staff to the College Advisory Council Leadership. We encourage all staff members to complete the anonymous survey.
Decorate your door, cubical, or suite.
All staff can participate – individually, as a group, suite or department.
To participate in the competition, register via this Qualtrics survey:
by December 2nd and start decorating!
JUDGING – The fun part
December 16 and December 17
All staff are encouraged to visit each building to view the displays. A link to an online Ballot will be distributed for voting. Submit your choices (up to 3) by 5:00 p.m. on December 17.
RECEPTION and CROWNING THE WINNERS
(There are PRIZES involved, people!)
A reception will be held from 3:00 ~ 4:00 p.m.
118 Chambers Building (new Science Wing)
Join us for hot chocolate, cookies, and other festive treats
and we’ll announce the winners.
1st place Winner receives a Trophy and bragging rights!
2nd place Winner receives a homemade Rum Cake
(unless the 1st place winner takes it from them. Cake will be donated by baker extraordinaire, Leslie Foster.)
3rd place Winner receives a Certificate of Awesomeness