Music & Politics II – Punk and Hardcore
- Read – Interviews with Kathleen Hanna and Los Crudos in (ed.) Dan Sinker, We Owe Your Nothing: Punk Planet – The Collected Interviews (New York: Akashic Press, 2001).
- Read – Oliver Sheppard, “The Many Deaths of Punk,” Souciant, Oct 22, 2012.
- KEYWORDS: Punk, Hardcore, DIY
Listening party (of random stuff):
- Sex Pistols, “No Feelings“
- The Clash, s/t first record
- The Bags, “Babylonian Gorgon“
- Crass, “White Punks on Hope“
- Bad Brains, Live at CBGB’s (1982)
- Bikini Kill, “Rebel Girl“
- Los Crudos, “Asesinos“
- The Broadways, “15 Minutes“
- Antiproduct, The Deafening Silence of Grinding Gears
- Jawbreaker, “Kiss the Bottle“
- In School, Praxis of Hate EP
For further reading and research:
- Zack Furness, introduction to Punkademics. The entire book is available here.
- Andy Capper, “Anarchy and Peace, Litigated,” VICE, August 14, 2010.
- Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer – documentary
- Evolution of a Race Riot #1 (ed. by Mimi Nguyen)
- Christy Road – artwork