Park Row

This film really stuck out to me because I never watch older movies. What I liked most about this movie was that had a very clear sense of moral standing and how the paper works. I also liked that, while the plot was serious, it also had some lighter moments as well. The film struck out to me because the editing and the pacing was very well done. I find myself very bored in older films but during this movie it was not the case. I found it very interesting how well it showed the struggle of newspapers and also how much of a business driven thing it is. More often than not it is about the money not the principles. Charity was a great showing of this. She only wanted to squash the globe and create stories that would be sensationalized and sell her more papers. Mitchell on the other hand, believed in honest journalism. At first, he seemed more about getting stories but after his friend died and shared his wisdom he realized the errors of those ways. Both he and Charity changed through out the course of the film. I also enjoyed that they did not turn this into a generic love story, even though Mitchell could have had her huge staff. The use of wardrobe was very smart in this movie, especially with Charity. Whom first worse dark clothing but later in the film began wearing lighter clothing that reflected her in a more like able way.