Thursday Thought: Media News Item Summary

Image that was included in the article.

“NYT Centers Trans Healthcare Story on Doctors- Not Trans People”

On June 23, 2022 fair.org posted an article containing the way healthcare professionals treat Transgender people. In this article many Transgender people highlight the lack of treatment for Transgender people, including lack of gender clinics and therapy. This article also highlights the inaccurate way doctors are perceived in the media when talking about Transgender people.

The media presents doctors as being in the center of Transgender healthcare. I disagree with the statement being presented because I believe Transgender people should be centered in the Transgender healthcare. I believe this because some doctors don’t believe that Transgender people should be able to truly be themselves and that is truly wrong. Many anti-trans laws are causing hatred towards people in the trans community.

I believe that the violent attacks that have been happening to trans communities is absolutely disgusting. The vandalizations are terrible, I believe that people should be able to live their lives the ways they want to without being harassed and physically threatened. I also think that there needs to be better medical care for all Transgender people. I also think the media needs to keep trans people in the center of trans healthcare not medical professionals.

I think the ethical response to article would be to allow Transgender people to be in the center of their healthcare. I also think the ethical response to this article is to punish people that harass trans communities and to finally put an end to the attacks that happen to all LGBTQ communities. The world needs to change the way they see people that are different, we need to change in order to benefit those people that are different from us. I also believe we need to benefit our healthcare system to allow everyone to feel welcome and well taken care of.

https://fair.org/home/nyt-centers-trans-healthcare-story-on-doctors-not-trans-people/