You are eligible to participate in the Summer Institute if you are:
- A member of a traditionally underrepresented group (including African Americans, Chicano/as and Latino/as, Native Americans, and Asian Americans).
- Available from June 7th, 2020 to June 12th, 2020.
- During the selection process, preference will be given to current undergraduate sophomores or juniors; however, others are still encouraged to apply.
- Completed online application form which includes a your contact information, demographics, education, and details about your reference letter.
- One Reference Letter
- The letter should be from a philosophy professor you have taken a course with. If you choose to invite a non-philosopher to write on your behalf, please arrange for a philosophy professor to write an additional letter. The letters should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2020.
- Writing Sample (3000 word maximum)
- Please submit an example of your best philosophical work which reflects your capacity to think critically and creatively. If you are accepted to the program, your paper will be shared with other participants.
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- Please answer all of the following questions: Are you thinking of going to graduate school? If so, why? What are some of your main philosophical interests so far? How do you think you will benefit from this program? Have you thought about a career as a Professor of Philosophy?
- College Transcripts from all Institutions attended
- These can be unofficial.