Ice Cream!

The Berkey Creamery- perhaps the most cherished, wonderful, amazing, heavenly place at Penn State. If  you don’t know what the creamery is well then it’s time for you to drop whatever you’re doing and get down there.

The Creamery is Penn State’s personal ice cream shop. What makes it so special is that the ice cream is made with the milk from Penn State cows, so it’s pretty much like you’re eating a bit of Penn State with every lick which is super awesome.

There are over 100 ice cream flavors and you can get them all in milkshakes too which I’ve never had, but I’ve heard are particularly delicious. But don’t even try to mix flavors because it’s not going to happen. The only person to mix flavors was Bill Clinton and that employee has since been fired (actually this person probably just graduated but anyway…). The creamery is always packed after football games and on warm spring/summer nights, which can get kind of annoying, but it’s truly a favorite for alumni and students alike.url

As if the amazing ice cream wasn’t enough, the creamery also has snacks for your pleasure, grilled stickies in a box (check out my previous post on these if you don’t know what they are), and also they have milk, tea and lemonade made by the creamery people. The lemonade is seriously the best I’ve ever had-go get it now.

In addition, if you’re traveling and want to take home a gallon of ice cream or whatever, they will give you dry ice to keep it cold for you because they are the nicest people ever.

I could go on and on about the creamery but instead I’m just going to give it 4.5/5 stars and call it a day.

4 responses to “Ice Cream!

1. The Creamery is the best! I love the milkshakes, and I plan on using my extra meal points at the end of the year to buy half gallons to take home.

2. The Creamery is awesome!!!! I’m sad to say I haven’t been there yet this year because I’m to lazy to walk there but I have had the pleasure of enjoying their delicious milkshakes and ice cream!

3. THEY HAVE THE BEST ICECREAM EVER. I just had some last week. It was amazing as usual. I actually had a milkshake this summer and it was just as good as the ice cream. The lines are long, but it’s worth it.. at least it is to me.

4. I love the Creamery. I never had a milkshake either and I will get one eventually. The long lines at crowded times do be annoying but that goes to show how wonderful the Berkey Creamery is. Everyone wants a taste! Great review!