Canyon!!

scavhunt_006

Oh Canyon, dear Canyon, how infamous and awesome you are. You’re there through all hours of the night and for the sweet price of $1, you can solve all my hunger needs with a slice of sweet heaven.

If you don’t know what Canyon Pizza is, it’s a pizza shop on East Beaver Ave that boasts a slice of pizza for a$1, and is open from 11am-4am. It’s essentially the go-to place for drunk college kids or even sober ones who just want cheap pizza and a funny show.

Personally, I’ve been to Canyon my fair share of times. The line gets progressively longer throughout the night  which sucks but man, that is some good pizza. A  lot of people say it tastes like cardboard, but having had it at both 2pm and 2am I can officially say, I like Canyon a lot!

It’s pretty much a dive on the outside and inside. There are three picnic tables outside and about 4 chairs next to the window inside. Needless to say, it’s not the nicest place but hey it’s cheap and is always there for you when you’re hungry.

One of my favorite parts about Canyon is the drunk conversations people have at Canyon. Onward State wrote a great article on this: http://onwardstate.com/2013/09/23/overheard-at-canyon-pizza/

Definitely read it if you want a good laugh.

Overall, Canyon has a special place in my heart, 4.2/5

4 responses to “Canyon!!

1. I’ve never been to Canyon Pizza, but it sounds awesome! I love pizza, and a cheap pizza place open late is exactly what I need. I’m definitely trying this in the near future.

2. I’ve been to Canyon one time and it is a good deal for when you have little money and you are really hungry. I got a really nice slice of pizza for $1 and I was really hungry so it was really good. I wouldn’t just decide one day that I would go to Canyon. If I happened to be walking past and felt like getting pizza, that is when I’d go. I give it 4/5.

3. I’ve tried Canyon Pizza for the first time a few weeks ago. I did not like it at all. I mean… it was cheap, but not appetizing. I’d rather pay for quality instead of quantity, especially when it comes to pizza. I’m really picky with pizza. I’d give it a 2.5/5/ (Mostly because of the cheap prices)

4. First of all, Onward State’s Overheard are my favorite! The one from Canyon was especially a gem. Anyways, I’ve only had Canyon once. I’m not a big pizza fan, so I try my best to stay away. It is an awesome place for some entertainment though! The line is always so long! Do you ever wait in those long lines!?