ART 122Y Module V

Categorizing yourself as an artist is risky business. It sort of puts you in a box and eventually critics will have nothing but negative comments to say if you one day decide you’d no longer like to be in the box you have established for yourself. Remember when Taylor Swift decided to change into the […]

ART 122Y Module IV

River and Tides is a ninety-minute film centred around Andy Goldsworthy’s work, which digs deeper into the mind of Goldsworthy. Within the film, Goldsworthy describes his process, views on art and nature and how they could be one in the same. He also notes how time can play a role in his art. Some of […]

ART 122Y Essay I

When thinking on the path that led me to where I am now, I realized I’ve jumped around so often in terms of different forms of designs. Yet, where I’m at now, and the industry I’m going into post-graduation has combined all of them into one job, which is really awesome. Growing up, I spent […]

ART 122Y Module III

I’m going to break this module into two parts. The first part will be in response to what we consider art as a whole and artists who we have discussed in class such as Marcel Duchamp and Louise Bourgeois. The second part is going to reflect my thoughts in relation to the type of art […]

ART 122Y Module II

Jeff Koons’ work is some of the most interesting work I’ve seen. He has always stood out to me as an artist because of his ability to make millions of dollars doing so. I think most artists never do it for the money — which is something he clearly doesn’t abide by. His works embrace […]

ART 122Y Module I

Controversial Art: Real Violence by Jordan Wolfson In 2017, Jordan Wolfson created a VR simulation depicting a Jewish man (played by the artist himself) beating a seemingly innocent bystander with a baseball bat. Gesturing and smirking at the viewer throughout the experience, all while the viewer stands there unable to help, call for help or […]