The Closing of Dahmer’s Killings

Hey guys! This post will be the ending of the Dahmer series where I point out how the Wisconsin Police department helped the infamous Jeffrey Dahmer commit his crimes. But this post will identify the victims, Dahmer’s ruling, and my opinion on how this serial killer got away with murders when he shouldn’t have. To start off I will include the list of his victims.

1. Steven Hicks, 18
  2. Steven Tuomi, 24
  3. Jamie Doxtator, 14
  4. Richard Guerrero, 25
  5. Anthony Sears, 26
  6. Raymond Smith, 33
  7. Edward W. Smith, 28
  8. Ernest Miller, 22
  9. David C. Thomas, 23
  10. Curtis Straughter, 18
  11. Errol Lindsey, 19
  12. Anthony “Tony” Hughes, 31
  13. Konerak Sinthasomphone, 14
  14. Matt Turner, 20
  15. Jeremiah Weinberger, 23
  16. Oliver Lacy, 23
  17. Joseph Bradehoft, 25

Now just by looking at the number of victims and their ages, its clear that he had a type. Young and majority were apart of minorities such as Native American and African Americans. But what I would like to highlight is the two young boys, Konerak (I talked about him a few times) and Jamie Doxtator.

I’ve never heard of another young boy besides Konerak, so finding this out that it was another young boy who was the youngest on Dahmer’s victim list is actually sad and terrifying.

To give a brief overview, James Doxtator was the youngest of Dahmer’s killings and he was 14 years old at the time of his murder. He was a troubled child and caught Dahmer by running away from his abusive stepfather (ring a bell?). This is similar to Konerak who went with Dahmer with money because his family was struggling financially. It seems to me that Dahmer liked them very young with home issues so it was easy for them to go with him. But Doxtator was Dahmer’s third victim and his first underaged boy. Thinking about this makes my stomach twist because these little boys were struggling already with home problems and to think Dahmer take this as an advantage to kill them for his pleasure is unsettling!

Let’s get to the pleasing part, well the part where his terror ends. On July 25th, 1991 Dahmer was indicted with four counts of first-degree murder, an then another 11 counts of first-degree murder on August 22nd, 1991 with his Wisconsin killings. But he wasn’t indicted with the attempted murder of Edwards or the murder of Steve Tuomi because of “insufficient evidence”(which I call BS, if a man that disappeared was last seen with Dahmer, it should be no question that he was murdered by him).

In all honesty, when I first watched the Netflix series, I knew these murders were bad but after researching it and doing blog posts about the gruesome details, it’s actually way worse. I know its less likely to have serial killers like Dahmer happen again, but if it was still happening to the day, I would be terrified for all my guy friends/family. His killings still send shock waves through communities and the very little victims who made it out was severely affected. For instance, his almost last victim, Tracy Edwards spoke against Dahmer in court and he was the key that led to Dahmer’s eviction. After the conviction, Edwards was arrested for throwing a man to his death off a Milwaukee bridge. Not only that but he was homeless and been switching shelters. Seeing that he lived a life of crime after Dahmer shows that him almost being killed changed his life drastically to the point he started doing things himself. But the jury don’t think about stuff like that when putting there opinions in for convictions.

Overall, I think the Jeffrey Dahmer case is a very sad case that shouldn’t be explored no more (like shows, documentaries, etc). It is very painful to watch and I can imagine how all these victims families feel hearing their families stories over and over again. I know I wouldn’t like it because it hurts to talk about someone who you once loved get brutally killed, ate, or taken apart by a sick individual. People like Dahmer can always be stopped when people actually pay attention to what’s happening. The Wisconsin police department could’ve easily stopped Dahmer before the rest of his crimes were committed, but they were lazy, homophobic, and racist! Quite frankly, Wisconsin’s police department should also held accomplice to Dahmer because they helped him in so many ways by letting him commit these crimes. All because they didn’t agree with gay people? Or because they were racist towards minorities? It gives them the right to ignore murder or what could have been potential murder? If it wasn’t for advanced technology, the world would still be going through these horrible things and I leave you with one question to end this blog series. When will the discrimination and favoritism against certain communities end?