PAS 6:

FC Dallas is a soccer team that is currently in the MLS. The MLS is the soccer league of the United States and it has been around since 1993. Since then they have added 29 teams throughout the U.S. and Canada. FC Dallas was established in 1995 and they were given the home of Frisco Texas. Originally the team was named the Dallas Burn due to the fact that Texas is known for having very hot weather and oil fields. The name changed to FC Dallas in 2005, along with the name change came a rebranding of the team’s colors and its logo.

The team does not have many uber-famous players but they have acquired some talents over the years. Currently they have a mixture of older more experienced players who have been around the club for many years and many new young stars such as Jesus Ferreira who also plays for the U.S. National team. One thing that FC Dallas does well is develop players from a young age and tailor them to play in an intelligent manner. Two examples of players that have made it through the youth program and are currently playing in Europe are Weston McKennie who plays in the best league in Italy for Juventus and Ricardo Pepi who plays for the best Dutch league for PSV which is a good team.

FC Dallas has a couple of rivals, Houston Dynamo and Austin FC. This is because all three teams are from Texas and there has to be a number one team in Texas. Other than that there is a rivalry with Colorado SC due to comments made by players towards fans.

I have a connection to FC Dallas because I played for their youth program for many years up until my senior year of high school and I have made many memories and friendships from playing soccer.