2.2 Exercise Reflections

In 2.1.1 Nine Square Grid I learned how to create a classic model in Fusion 360.  The nine-square grid is a good benchmark for someone to see where they are at in terms of modeling and sculpting.  This wiki leads you through the start of making this grid which includes creating a chess-like board and different cubes.  The wiki then introduces micro-beveling which essentially states that artists do not actually create things, they manipulate the database which is what actually makes the objects.

Next, 2.2.2 Sculpt and Slice builds upon what was done in the nine-square grid.  First, I had to export it to slicer.  The next order of business is adjusting the manufacturing settings and the object’s size.  There were two different construction techniques explored in this wiki, stacked slices, and interlocking slices.  For stacked slices the wiki explains dowels, slice direction, modify form, assembly steps, and get plans.  For interlocking slices, it covers slice distribution and then reiterates steps already used in the previous technique.

Finally, 2.2.3 Logo Etch takes our logo sketches to the next level.  The first step is engraving the logo.  For this, I engraved it for stamp material.  I had to create a  copy of the original and then added a margin of material.  To make the logo stand out from the background I had to exclude it.  It is very important to note that if you are printmaking a file the colors on the logo and the stamp will be flipped because it creates a reverse image.

Author: Dean DiGirolamo

I am many things. You, me, nobody can describe me in 100 words. I feel like I have a good grasp on life. I want many things, but I am thankful for everything. I believe the key to life is happiness. I feel happiness through God, my family, and my friends. I have many hobbies, I feel like I am very diverse in my interests. I have to live every day by listening to music as much as I can. I am also an introvert and enjoy alone time. This is probably the most accurate way I can describe myself.