Diversity and Educational Equity Committee
Promoting diversity and inclusion among the
Penn State Harrisburg campus community
The mission of the Penn State Harrisburg Diversity and Educational Equity Committee is to create and engage in activities cultivating a safe and supportive campus community that values diversity and fosters good citizenship.
The committee strives to improve communication and encourage respect within its interdependent campus communities by enhancing the development of relationship skills and providing opportunities to share experiences and diverse perspectives among members of the college community.
Penn State Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Excellence
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
At Penn State:
- We will foster and maintain a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the communities we serve.
- We will educate our faculty, staff, and students to be social justice advocates, creatively providing curricula, programs, and environments that reflect the diversity of our communities, and elevate cultural awareness.
- We will ensure fair and inclusive access to our facilities, programs, resources, and services, and ensure that all of our policies and practices are inclusive and equitable.
- We will advance and build our workforce by assessing hiring practices and performance review procedures to attract, retain, and develop talented faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- We will address intergroup disparities in areas such as representation, retention, learning outcomes, and graduation rates.
Diversity Plans and Campus Assessments: Please note that these documents require Penn State User ID to access.