The Killers!

The-Killers1

The first band I’m going to blog about is one of my favorite bands, The Killers. The Killers are an American rock band formed in Las Vegas, Nevada. They are relatively new compared to many other bands, having only been around since 2001.The formation of this band is something straight out of a movie. Abandoned by his first band, Brandon Flowers was lost without direction. After attending an Oasis concert in the Hard Rock cafe in Las Vegas, Flowers knew that it was his passion to be in a rock band. Searching through the ads in a local newspaper, Flowers saw an Ad for a 25 year old guitarist Dave Keuner, who had moved from Iowa a year earlier. Shortly after they met, they started to write songs in Flower’s apartment, and then the rest was history. Their first album, Hot Fuss  was released in 2004 and is still my favorite album of theirs to this day. Some of the better songs on this album are “All these things that I’ve done” and one of their most famous songs “Mr. Brightside”. This band is an alternative type band and a bit on the indie rock side. The first time I heard this band was on the radio in elementary school and the song that was playing was the song “Mr. Brightside”. I would have to say the reason I was at first attracted to this band was because nothing else at the time sounded like them. The fast paced lyrics  and opening guitar had me hooked from the very beginning, and I still love singing along to this song with my friends to this day. The Killer’s have released three more albums since their first one in 2004 called “Sam’s Town and Sawdust”, “Day and Age and Hiatus”, and “Return and Battle Born”.  Some of their more recent hits include “Runaways” and “Spaceman” which are from their newest two albums.

4 thoughts on “The Killers!

1. This is a great story. It does seem like it was destined for these members to meet up and become a successful band. This reminds me of an old classic 80s movie.

2. Great first post, I think I have heard some of their songs like “Mr.Brightside”. I’m not a huge into alternative music, but I find it amazing that they are still relevant because they have been out since 2004.

3. The Killers have always been a favorite of mine. I liked learning about how they came to be and I honestly did not know they were together for so long. I think the song “Human” will always be my favorite by them.

4. Nice work! I love the Killers and several other alternative rock bands. I think it’s interesting how you included how the band came to be what it is today. One thing I believe other readers might also enjoy is obscure facts about the band you’re blogging about. I look forward to reading more of your work.