Spring Semester Blog Ideas

“This I Believe” Podcast IdeasĀ 

• mental health resources need to be easily accessible and unstigmatized for all
  • an end needs to be put to the pink tax/broader podcast about the remaining societal gaps in gender equality

Passion Blog Ideas

• analysis of deaths in greys anatomy: looking at the way that the characters death impacted other characters in the show/review of episode they died in as a whole
  • continuation of last semesters book blog

Civic Issue Blog Ideas

• abortion rights/overturning of roe v wade and public response of it/women’s healthcare as a whole and the decisions that are made for women regarding their bodies
  • education gap in developing countries

2 thoughts on “Spring Semester Blog Ideas

1. I think both of your ideas for the ‘This I Believe’ podcast are valid. For the second one, I would say that having a podcast solely on the pink tax would probably be viable and interesting enough, and a general podcast on continuing gender gaps may be too broad in scope. I think your passion blog ideas are quite interesting, and the Grey’s Anatomy idea sounds quite unique (however, I have never watched the show.) I think there is an interesting point that maybe you could expand that and look at how characters are written out of various shows in general. I think both of your civic issues are interesting, however, the first may be somewhat overcrowded considering how topical and relevant it is to our current time. I sympathize with the second idea due to my international background having lived in various developing countries, however, I do believe you could be successful through exploring them both.

2. I really like your idea to talk about the pink tax and gender equality. The pink tax can be found of course from skincare products, to razors, to menstrual products and even clothes, so I think it would be very interesting to delve into that subject. For the passion blog, I would love to hear about the books as a continuation of last semester. I’ve never watched Grey’s Anatomy, so it would also be interesting to read about that, too. For the civic issue blog, I think the education gap would be super cool to deep dive, as it’s not as mainstream currently as the overturning of roe v. wade and I think deserves attention.