Olivia Girdano

Olivia Girdano

My name is Olivia Girdano and I am an early career Sound Designer and Technician currently training at The Pennsylvania State University, where I will receive a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Theatre Design and Technology with an emphasis in Sound Design in the Spring of 2020. I will also receive minors in Religious Studies and Music Technology. Highlights of my work with Penn State Centre Stage include designing A Little Night Music, directed by Phillip Fazio, Clybourne Park, directed by Steve Broadnax, and a staged reading of a new musical by Joe Iconis, Love in Hate Nation, directed by John Simpkins. I have spent the past two summers working at the Sharon Playhouse in Sharon, Connecticut. Responsibilities included maintaining equipment, mixing the mainstage productions, coordinating changeovers with designers, and sound designing the children’s theatre shows. I have mixed for a series of cabaret style performances at Penn State football tailgates and am employed as a stagehand at Eisenhower Auditorium and a recording engineer within the Penn State School of Music.

www.oliviagirdano.com