Saints Week 11

It’s been awhile since the last blog post so we have a lot to catch up on. For one, we lost a very close game to the Los Angeles Chargers 27-24. In that game we really did play pretty well and I was happy to see it. Although being up 10-7 at half and then losing did hurt a bit. Running back Jordan Howard and Rookie wide receiver Devonta Smith lead our offense in that game. Howard had seventeen carries for 71 yards and a touchdown, while Smith had five receptions for 116 yards and a touchdown. Our backfield rushed 27 times! And they wonder why our offense actually looked like it had some life in it. BECAUSE WE RAN THE BALL!!! This past Sunday we played the Denver Broncos away. We played a great all around game and won 30-13 putting us at 4-6 on the season. Jalen Hurts passed for 178 yards, an interception, and two touchdowns which both went to Devonta Smith. Smith only had four receptions for 66 yards in this game. There is another major reason why we won this game. We ran the ball a total of 40 times! WE RAN THE BALL AND WON THE GAME! I can not tell you how shocked I am that we won the game after running the ball this much. I really can’t believe it happened! But on a serious note, we won because we were efficient offensively and played well defensively holding the Broncos to just thirteen points. Overall, just nice to get a win.

In our week  matchup coming up, we play the New Orleans Saints (5-4) on the road. In this matchup we look to win two straight! This would be huge for morale! The Saints are coming off of a crushing two point loss to the Tennessee Titans. Saints have been without their star wide receiver Michael Thomas all season, and their backups are picking up the workload. They are very spread and don’t have a legit wideout one. Quarterback Jameis Winston had a great game throwing for 298 and two touchdowns against the Titans. We need to just watch out for him because their run game is not at all a threat in my eyes. In this game I predict a win 24-17. I see a touchdown from Devonta Smith, one from Goedart, and one from Hurts running it in. Go Birds!!

Saints Run Defense vs. Eagles Rushing Attack - Sports Illustrated New Orleans Saints News, Analysis and MoreNew Orleans Saints vs. Philadelphia Eagles picks, predictions Week 11

Charger’s Week 9

Huge win last week! With a whopping 44-6 victory against the Detroit Lions, we move up to 3-5 on the season. This win placed us at second place in the NFC East, a whole game ahead of the Giants and Football Team. The Cowboys still sit 3.5 games ahead of us. In this massive win, Quarterback Jalen Hurts only passed for 103 yards on thirteen passes for nine receptions before being taken out for backup Gardner Minshew late in the game. So how did we win by 38 points scoring 44 with a total of 114 passing yards? BECAUSE WE RAN THE BALL FOR THE FIRST TIME ALL SEASON!! What did I say? If we run the ball we will win games! We ran the ball a combined 39 times!!! This is not including Hurts’ runs where he ran seven times. WE RAN THE BALL 39 TIMES!! Boston Scott ran twelve times for 60 yards and two touchdowns. Jordan Howard ran twelve times for 57 yards and two touchdowns as well. Kenneth Gainwell ran thirteen times for only 27 yards. On the defensive end, we went crazy! Not allowing a point through three quarters and only allowing six in the fourth quarters. We were lock down all game! We kept star D’Andre Swift to only 27 rushing yards! The only downside is that we let tight end T.J. Hockenson had ten receptions for 89 yards. All year our problem has been shutting down tight ends so we do need to fix that as soon as possible. 

In our week nine matchup, the Los Angeles Chargers (4-3) make their way to Philly for a 4:05 matchup Sunday. The Chargers are having a good season so far. They beat both the Raiders and the Chiefs who beat us in previous weeks. To win this game, we MUST stop star running back Austin Ekeler. That man is a monster on the rushing and receiving side. Last game against the New England Patriots, he ran eleven times for 64 yards and touchdown, while also having six receptions for 60 yards. Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert is a scary man. He is young and really knows how to run an offense. Herbert’s top option is veteran Keenan Allen who we also need to pay close attention to. He had six receptions for 77 yards and a touchdown last game. As long as we pay close attention to Ekeler and keep an eye on Allen we should be fine. I will say this again: IF WE RUN THE BALL WE WILL WIN THE GAME. SIRIANNI NEEDS TO RUN THE BALL and we will be fine against the Chargers this week. I predict a Bird’s victory at 31-27, a close one. I see Boston Scott scoring another two touchdown day with Goedart and Reagor each scoring another one. Let’s hope for a good one! GO BIRDS!!!

Jordan Howard among 4 practice squad players protected for Week 9Philadelphia Eagles Week 9 preview: Ron Jaworski on Los Angeles Chargers --  matchups, prediction, players to watch - 6abc Philadelphia