Eagles Bucs Wild Card Round

I am deeply saddened to say that we were not able to overcome the 13-3 Tampa Buccaneers in the Wild Card round of the playoffs sending us home round one. This was a game that we lost hold of right away in the first quarter going down 14-0, with running back Giovani Bernard scoring on the first drive of the game and running back Ke’Shawn Vaughn scoring again later in the first. There was something about this game that we just could not score or put us in the right offensive spots all game, was a very hard game to watch knowing that we trailed at halftime by 17, 17-0, not a point on the board. Although the game was not looking so great, we know that the Birds were a pure second-half team and usually came back right out of halftime. Even starting with the ball in the second half, we continued to do nothing in the third, letting up two passing touchdowns from the greatest quarterback of all-time Tom Brady to veteran tight end Rob Gronkowski and wide receiver Mike Evans. At the end of the third being down 31-0, it was hard to keep the game on knowing it would just continue to be depressing. We made a quick push in the fourth scoring two touchdowns, a 34 yard rush from Boston Scott and a passing touchdown to rookie Kenneth Gainwell (hit a two-point conversion) putting us to 31-15 with five minutes left. Unfortunately, nothing happened after and we lost the game 31-15. We knew it would be a struggle to beat the past Super Bowl Winners, but not scoring until the fourth was the reason we lost. If you can’t score you can’t win. We had three turnovers in the game, Jalen Hurts throwing two interceptions and a fumble from Jalen Reagor on a muffed punt return, while Tampa Bay didn’t have any. There were many factors that decided this game, but overall we just got bullied off the field. Jalen Reagor played one of the worst games I have seen in a long time and did not look ready to play, especially for a first-round pick a couple of years back. Philly fans far and wide are looking for him to be gotten rid of. To look at some of our stats, Hurts threw for 258 yards, a touchdown, and two interceptions on a below-average 53% completion rate. Dallas Goedert led our receiving game with six receptions for 92 yards, followed by rookie standout Devonta Smith with four receptions for 60 yards. Overall, this first-round exit was hard to watch but it looks like the experience our young guys gained this whole season we can come in next season and really make an impact and win the NFC East!! Looking forward to next year! Fly Eagles Fly!

Buccaneers beat Eagles to advance to NFL divisional roundBuccaneers vs. Eagles final score: Tom Brady completes 78% of his passes as Bucs thump Eagles 31-15 in wild-card game - DraftKings Nation

3 thoughts on “Eagles Bucs Wild Card Round

1. It seems like it was a tough game for the Eagles, but the experience they gained this season will prove helpful in the next seasons when they play. Like I said before, I do not know a lot about football, but I think the way you explain the game is easy to follow and interesting. It seems like if the Eagles played the way they did in the fourth quarter the entire time, they could’ve won the game! Maybe they will keep that in mind for next year.

2. I can imagine that watching a game like that would be hard. When you want your team to win so badly and you know they genuinely could, it sucks to see them crack under pressure. Your posts make me feel like I was there watching the game between your detailed score updates and the run-downs of the biggest moments of the game. I also can appreciate that even after a frustrating loss you still find the positives. Sometimes you learn the most from setbacks, so like you said the younger players definitely gained some experience. I hope that it pays off for next season!

3. Hey David! I’m so sorry to hear about your team’s loss, I’ve definitely watched some heart crushing games in my time as a sports fan. Reading your post makes your emotions so evident. The Eagles may have a few things to work on in the coming years but I’m sure they will find their game once it clicks. If they got to the playoffs this year, then they can only go up from here! Especially with a young team, sometimes all you can do is wait until they learn to step up. I’m hoping they do well next year!