2022 Season Pt.2

Back now for another passion blog post about the Eagles, we will be continuing and finishing off what the last post set us up for – the final nine games of the 2022-2023 Eagles season. We previously had us set up looking to be 8-1 after the first nine projections, so let’s get into the back nine. The next team up on our list is the Houston Texans. The Texans finished off their season 4-13 – really, really poor. They have no QB, offense, or too much of a defense so there is no point in going further – we will beat them with ease (maybe even play our backups). We then play the Indianapolis Colts away, the first time since we beat them in 2018. They have a more serious team now having finished with a record of 9-8, the only team in the AFC to finish second in their division and not make the playoffs. We were supposed to see a matchup of our birds vs ex-QB Carson Wentz in a showdown until he was recently traded away to Washington – we will again beat the Colts but in a closer than normal game. After the Colts, we play the Packers at home. This one will be close, but we will lose even with Devante Adams, Green Bay’s number one receiver, being traded away. The Packers won their division with ease last season with a record of 13-5 until they lost in a brutal game in the first game of the playoffs. We then also play the Vikings, Jaguars, and Titans at home in a row. The Vikings had a decent season at 8-9 but could not make the playoffs, while the Jaguars had a horrific season at 3-14 with rookie stud quarterback Trevor Lawrence, and the Titans had a great season at 12-5 but lost a close game against the Bengals in the first round of the playoffs. All these games being home, we do receive an advantage which will definitely help. I foresee us winning each and every game here as long as we can learn to strengthen our rush defense against the Titan’s and their superstar running back Derrick Henry. At this point I have us listed at 13-2 – almost too good of a season because it would be but it is the way I see it so far. We would’ve already clinched the playoffs at this point and just playing for seeding. We have a tough last two games to talk about – the Cardinals and the Steelers. I think just straight up we will lose to the Cardinals. They are a very strong team with a young versatile QB in Kyler Murray and stud receivers led by Deandre Hopkins. They went 11-6 but lost in the wild-card round of the playoffs. We will lose to the Cardinals. But we will absolutely wipe the floor with the Steelers. Absolutely wipe the floor with them – no other reason needed – just that. Ending record of 14-3, a majorly successful season. Looking for a great and fun to watch season this coming summer/spring! See you next time!

Philadelphia Eagles SchedulePhiladelphia Eagles 2021-2022 NFL schedule - Iggles

4 thoughts on “2022 Season Pt.2

1. Go Steelers! I am a diehard Steelers fan (third generation Pittsburgh), but this was interesting to read. My dad is from Minnesota, so I get a lot of perspective from a Vikings fan, even though it is so painful every year. Coming to Penn State is interesting because I have never interacted with this many Eagles fans before. This was interesting to read though!

2. Great post! I’m a pats fan so I eternally hate the eagles but I guess they’re sort of a respectable team….(kidding!). It was really fun watching the eagles play through their season. I think that Jalen Hurts has a lot of potential and you just should hold on to him to build your franchise!! Lots of potential on the team for sure. Great blog!

3. Really great post! I don’t know a lot about football but I am an Eagles fan because I’m from near Philly. This was really well written and easy to follow.

4. As a diehard eagles fan, I have been disappointed far too many time to believe that we go 14-3. In my opinion, I am not a believer of Jalen Hurts being our quarterback of the future, and believe we need to go get a good quarterback in the 2023 draft, since the quarterbacks in the 2022 draft are kind of meh. That is why I like the trade we made with the Saints a few weeks ago as it allows us to load up on assets in the 2023 draft to potentially trade up for a quarterback.