So it looks like we’ll be turning over much of the class to Team 1 today to lead us through a discussion of the readings and our overall reactions to them. It should be interesting and we expect you to speak up — both in the face to face space and online. Scott and I will take a cut at the first half of class, take a break, and then turn it over to Team 1. Here are some of the things we will want to talk about:
- Our thoughts related to their reaction to our course design … we looked like radicals.
- How should we be thinking about assessment as it relates to distributed contributions and the nature of participation?
- What does it mean to do instructional design at a big place like Penn State and how do instructional decisions get made?
ANGEL and our Collective Thoughts on Design
- Let’s take some time and look at how we try to make good decisions at the University as it relates to some of our (potentially) most important tools.
- Could we roll our own LMS? Ever heard of Small Pieces Loosely Joined?
- The rise of Google Sites …