Hi everyone … we have quite a bit to get working on today in class. The first thing we will do is get you into your teams. We used a very complicated method to make sure we had perfectly balanced teams — trust us, we use quite the method. We will then move to a discussion about our readings from last week that will move into the generation of your team’s first operational definition of community. We will turn you loose in the Knowledge Commons as teams for 30 minutes to work towards a single blog post that we will then share out in class.
Scott will then lead a discussion of about disruptive technologies as we begin to frame it in relation to our primary themes of the course. The remainder of class will be yours to work on your team video assignment.
Week 2: 1/17/2012 (Focus on Community)
- Discussion of the readings.
- Team-based work on your first definition of community
- Introduction to Disruption (Presentation and Discussion)
- YouTube activity: Exploring Technology
Out of Class Assignments
- Exploring Technology team assignment posted to YouTube and embedded in the Course Blog</li
- Readings: Gee (1999), Chapters 2 &3 and McLuhan & Fiore, The Medium is the Massage. Both readings are now available in our Yammer space.
- Your first team blog post with a focus on Identity.