The development of a virtual community takes time … we have an entire semester, but we’d like to get it started immediately. Even though this is a face to face course, one of our goals is for us all to connect well beyond the walls of the classroom. To that end, one of the first things we need you to do is to post a personal introduction to this course site.
To do this, you must do the following:
- If you are not already logged in to sites.psu.edu, you will see the “Log In” link in the bar at the top of this page (or any page of this sites). Click the link to log in.
- Once you are logged in, you can use the bar at the top of the page to selected “New” and then “Post”. This will take you to the new post page on the site dashboard. You can enter a title for your post, as well as the body of your post.
- Use the category, “Personal Introduction.”
- When finished, click the “Publish” button.
- If you do not see the option to make a new post after logging in, send Brad an email containing your PSU Userid immediately and he will make sure you are a member of this site. Brad’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This serves two important purposes for us … one is so we can meet each of you and learn a little about you and it gets you all in the space and posting right away. All we are asking you to do is create a quick post that adresses the following:
- Your name
- Where you’re from
- What are your interests
- Why you are taking this class
- Anything interesting about you
- How would you describe your overall comfort level with the use of technology?
- Does technology interest you?
- Talk a little about how you see technology influencing teaching and learning.