Today we are going to focus on learning spaces through the lens of learning theory. We will be breaking you up into your teams to do some short readings that you can grab in the Yammer space. In your teams you will be given an hour to read and then construct a 30 minute discussion around the assigned reading. When we finish that up we will work to clarify the responsibilities for the remainder of the semester.
We will be seeing you at the TLT Symposium on Saturday so we will not be holding class next week, but we have some things we’d like to see you do. In general, we are getting set to turn the next portion of the semester over to you to lead in your teams. We will explain what is going on so we are all on the same page.
Out of Class
- Each team will have time to share and discuss their weekly posts about community
- Attend the TLT Symposium
- Individually write a reaction to the Symposium (Julie can summarize the other posts)
- The team who owns the week of April 3, 2012 will need to choose and assign readings for your team’s week of leading the class by next Tuesday (3/27) evening. The focus will be on Identity
Some Interesting Things to Read
- The Power of Youth: How Invisible Children Orchestrated Kony 2012, by danah boyd
- Reflecting on Dharun Ravi’s Conviction, by danah boyd
- Generation Me on Trial, by Jean Twenge
- State of the News Media 2012, Pew Research Center