Rhetorical Analysis Artifact Ideas

In this project, I’m hoping to find two really good artifacts that can draw both similarities and differences between them that make for good rhetoric.

Here’s a few ideas I’ve got so far:

1. Martin Luther King Jr.’s ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech

One of the most well known speeches of all time, MLK Jr.’s ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech has lasted all these years due to its powerful message.

2. ShamWow commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ne1qRoHyk

Who doesn’t love Vince Offer? ShamWow has become a successful cleaning product, and I think a lot of that has to do with this timeless commercial.

3. ‘Us and Them’ by Pink Floyd

One of the most well known anti-war songs of all time, Pink Floyd’s classic ‘Us and Them’ is a reminder of Cold War era tensions that conveys strong political messages of war and unity.

4. Guernica by Pablo Picasso

This painting by Pablo Picasso displays the horrors of the Spanish Civil War, particularly the bombing of the village of Guernica located in Northern Spain.

5. Joe Greene Coca-Cola Commercial

The 1979 Super Bowl commercial features Steelers defensive lineman ‘Mean’ Joe Greene. It is one of the most well known commercials of all time.

If you guys any other suggestions, feel free to leave a comment.

One thought on “Rhetorical Analysis Artifact Ideas

1. These are great ideas. I’m wondering if you’re thinking about the pairings for the essay.

Really vastly different…. ShamWow and MLK.

Remember, the speech has to be civic.