This is my take on the Make it Interesting project. I was initially going to make a video on space and a journey through a bit of our history of humans in space but it has been done too many times. After events going on from the previous weeks on our campus I just wanted to take inspiration from a creature that sometimes gets lost in the animal kingdom and give a bit of a rightful homage to its beauty both in a scientific and aesthetic way.
This is my take on the animate project with reference to simple html5 and Java Script.
Here is the direct link to the website
The is my take on the 2nd Art History project. I made my background with some abstract parts to pay homage to (Sophie Taeuber). My subject and character is inspired by Hannah Hoch in her collage style with a bit of feminist political commentary. Finally my words are inspired by Barbara Kruger and her bold red work which is also social commentary. In working on this project I found layering and creating was best. I 1st had to think of a contemporary social issue which is a stigma with public breast feeding. I then made a background both abstract in color to play into Taeubers color palette. The female breastfeeding image was of a women of the village where they understand it is natural.
This is my attempt or rendition of the Chapter 20 Exercise
This is my rendition of the Chapter 19 exercise.
This is my rendition or attempt of the Chapter 18 exercise.
This was my odd attempt at a flip book animation. It was all done on Flipanim.com as I couldn’t really access Benettonplay but I think it worked out fairly well. I had a pretty fun time making it, the story just came along as I went from page to page. I was all done on my track pad so I know it is laggy and a bit unclean but I really had fun.
This is my take on the Alphabet project. My original plan was to have a very abstract/minimalist theme using Illustrator but I felt that my time was too limited so I began playing with the brush tool. My curiosity and use of the brush tool reminded me of Roy Lichtenstein’s “Brushstroke”. So I decided to make the ALPHABET out of the brush tool and make each letter with a back drop totaling 3-4 hours of work. Leading off of the Roy Lichtenstein theme I needed a background and thought what better than BENDAY DOTS! So I went to Photoshop and made theme by using the Color halftone filter which worked perfectly.