The Language of God

I am part of a Christian faculty book group here on campus and our most recent read is Francis Collins‘s The Language of God. Some likely know Collins as the current (and long-standing and soon-retiring) Director of the National Institutes of Health. Before that, he led the Human Genome Project, which mapped out a complete […]

Continue reading →

Straddling Class in the Academy

I recently finished reading Sonja Ardoin and becky martinez’s illuminating book Straddling Class in the Academy. Social class had been on my mind since reading Anthony Lubrano’s In Limbo and I jumped on this book after hearing about it from a colleague at Penn State’s Schreyer Institution for Teaching Excellence. Limbo was a personally impactful book, as I […]

Continue reading →

CFP: Special Issue on Cannabis Policy and Public Administration

Public Administration Quarterly Call for Papers Cannabis Policy in the United States: Challenges and Opportunities for Public Administration Guest Editors: Dan Mallinson (Penn State Harrisburg) and Lee Hannah (Wright State) A serious reconsideration of the fifty-year War on Drugs is building in the United States. The states have been strong drivers of the liberalization of […]

Continue reading →