About Me and My Culture

Hi everyone! My name is Danielle Kochka, and I am in my 3rd semester in the MPS program in Strategic Communications. Almost halfway there! I live in Monroeville, PA, just outside of Pittsburgh. I currently work as an Admissions Counselor at Penn State Greater Allegheny. I’ve been with PSUGA since 2020, however, with my first role on campus being the Head Softball Coach. This past season, however, was my last season in that role. I am now strictly in Admissions, and loving every minute of it! Some labels that people might call me are she/her, daughter, sister, athlete, coach (previously).

I use a lot of media, both digital and social. I love to watch TV and movies, using traditional routes like cable TV and most of the streaming sites. I would consider myself more of a social media observer than user. I don’t post a lot on the sites, but I always check Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok. I love to scroll when I am bored!

I am taking this course primarily for the major requirement, but I am genuinely interested in the content! In my line of work, I market to many different cultures and populations. I think this course can help me in my efforts to recruit all types of students to Penn State and the campus I work at.

I’d love to tell you more all about me! I primarily speak English, although I do know a bit of Serbian (my heritage!). I listen to a bunch of different genres of music, from country and pop to hip hop and rap. I am more of a believer in being a fan of the artist vs. the genre. I love to travel! I’ve been to a lot of states across the country, and I’ve been on two trips to Europe! That’s a life goal of mine, to travel and see as much as I can all over the world!

My family and faith are very important to me. I am very close with my extended family, and I do so many things with them. Holidays, birthdays, and other functions are always priorities to me. I am a proud Orthodox Christian, and adhere to my faith in many aspects of my life.

Receiving my master’s degree is something I’ve been wanting to do since I graduated from Washington & Jefferson College with my bachelor’s degree, and I finally got in a position where I could pursue it! I am very excited to kick this semester off, and work with all of you. We got this!

For more about me, check out my intro video here!