Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Sites at Penn State and WordPress, from basic WordPress features to theme and plugin set-up instructions.
Transferring Ownership of a Site to Another User
As an Administrator of a site, you can make another user an Administrator by following the steps below:
- Go into the Dashboard of the site on which you want to change ownership
- Click on Users→All Users Dashboard
- Check the box next to the user for whom you’d like to change the role
- Using the Change role to… dropdown menu, select Administrator
- Click the Change button
Remove Myself from a Site
Unfortunately, you can’t remove yourself from a site. However, you can ask another Administrator of a site to remove you.
- Click on Users→All Users in your Dashboard
- Hover your cursor over the username you want to remove, then click Remove
More details on user roles can be read in the WordPress.com documentation, including information on:
- Adding Viewers to a Private Site
- Changing User Roles
- Removing Users